Thursday, October 4, 2007

Make-up Movie Clip

This is a clip from the movie Blue Streak starring Martin Lawrence. The aspect of Film I'm analysing is the Mise-en-Scene. The first thing I noticed in this clip was Logan's (Martin Lawrence) ridiculous costume and make-up he has on. This adds to the scene because he is trying to get into the police station disguised as a pizza delivery man. Another thing I noticed was the setting. Although this short clip doesn't change setting, and setting doesn't seem to matter, it does. When you watch the movie you learn that this police station he is trying to sell the pizza to is the place where Logan, a criminal, hide a huge diamond he robbed before he went to jail. This clip uses high-key lighting so it looks normal, with very few shadows. Those are the parts of Mise-en-Scene I saw in this movie clip .

No comments: